Tuesday, October 7, 2008

THE GENERATION THAT GAVE...EVEN WHEN IT HURT THEMSELVES..


I grew up during the Great Depression, which demonstrates that I am not young, though I still feel, THANK GOD, young and my brain is more vibrate than those much younger. I remember the GREAT WAR...when he had air raid drills, no lights, when we had to wear HEAT RESISTANT name tags, so if we were killed they would know who we were; when there was no gasoline, no meat and so on...but GUESS WHAT we didn't feel sorry or deprived.

When the war was over...we had the EISENHOWER era...when America was the leader...things were good, but unlike our older brother we had to pay for our education, NO GI BILL...some of us went to war...Korea...Viet Nam... BUT many didn't serve...

We went to work...but it was the BABY BOOMER, MBA, generation that ultimately took over..but we were happy since we were much better off than our parents, and we were able to live a VERY GOOD life...

Now we are suffering because... the BABY BOOMERS took our jobs and then they had the government reduce interest and now they were able to put the country in the most serious economic situation since the depression.

Overall, my generation is the GREATEST GENERATION because we experienced it all, but unfortunately contributed to the WORSE GENERATION, the baby boomers who have destroyed our ability to grow, and prosper and now may even have put us back to where our parents were..

But the real issue is where our grandchildren will be...will they follow the successes and failures of those before my generation,or my generation or be totally unprepared for the REALITY of the WORLD TODAY...

I am faithful and hope they will learn and follow the BEST GENERATIONS...those who served in WWII and those in my generation and NOT THE BABY BOOMERS and the current crop of those who have failed to lead and only take and run...even when they fail.

Bill Rothschild... author of THE SECRET TO GE's SUCCESS... which shows the dedication of my generation and before...

No comments: